Thursday, April 19, 2012

Class, Race & Time

Class

I understand from Jacko that you have all made choices regarding class as follows:

  • Adam - Druid
  • John - Ranger
  • Russ - Warrior

Favored Class

Not sure if you guys have discovered this rule yet...  
Each character begins play with a single favored class of his choosing—typically, this is the same class as the one he chooses at 1st level. Whenever a character gains a level in his favored class, he receives either + 1 hit point or + 1 skill rank. The choice of favored class cannot be changed once the character is created, and the choice of gaining a hit point or a skill rank each time a character gains a level (including his first level) cannot be changed once made for a particular level. Prestige classes can never be a favored class.

Unless you post a comment to the contrary I am assuming you are all taking your starting class as your "preferred class".

Race/Gender

There are a number of plot points that are based around specific circumstances of party make-up, particularly race and gender.  Things like "the dragon eats the shortest available elf in the surprise round" so in order to maximise what I can prepare ahead of time, what would be really handy to know now is:


Play Time

When are we going to play?  I see 4 main questions here:
  1. What night are we playing? (Fri, Sat, Sun suit me best)
  2. What time are we starting?
  3. How often?  Weekly? fortnightly?
  4. Are you ready to start now?  I could start from tomorrow night if you wanted


Getting the Most from the Blog

I quite like how useful the blog has been for delivering content quickly (especially now that I finally figured out how to get my cascading style sheets working - it doesn't help with design bad taste but it's at least consistent!)  I'd like to see the blog used as a central collaboration/discussion tool and steer away from the emails (which I'm not seeing).  The comments as a mechanism for discussion works very well (certainly on the fantasy grounds and Paizo forums anyway).

Subscribe

You can subscribe to get alerts when new blog entries are posted.  There are a few ways to do this:
  • you can open an individual post (ie click the post heading or select the post from the blog archive list in the right sidebar) then click subscribe by email at the bottom.  You need to be logged in to your google account for this.  Please don't anyone say you don't have a google account, because it's like saying you don't have arms.  You can live but it sure is hard to interact with the world.
  • If you use blogger at all you can follw the blog from your blogger dashboard.  
  • I think I could also set up an RSS feed, but then I'd have to figure out how to do that, and I think I can better spend my time reading up on druids and the starting town.

4 comments:

  1. Classes sound right, looks like we will all be human. Which one did you say had the American Indian feel to them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoanti. They are tribesman. There are some details in the Rise of the Runelords Players Guide

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and Jacko's Druid is Shoanti too so that will be convenient :-)

      Delete
  3. Interestingly enough i didnt have a google account until i did this, and never had any problem interacting with what i need to. You have corrupted me but still cant see myself using it anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete